You are invited to the
Sunwise Open Studios Celebration
Summer Art Harvest Event
at Sunwise Farm & Sanctuary.
August 5, 2017
from 1 – 4 pm
Where: 875 Phillips Lane, Harrodsburg (near Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill) see map below
Summer Harvest Art Event
I am pleased to announce my Summer Harvest Art Event, during the next Sunwise Celebrations Open Studio, August 5 from 1-4 pm. It is Lughnasa, mid-summer, when we are deeply involved with harvesting.
It pleases me to share this opportunity with you for several reasons including:
- many artworks from some of my most popular series at special pricing. Some have never been seen by the public.
- garden products like Lavender bundles, sweet grass braids, seeds, dried herbs, herb salt and fig trees will be available
- selections from my latest series Atlas of the Year. In this series I am distilling and integrating over 30 years of studies about the 4 seasons – 4 directions
- the beautiful setting of Sunwise Farm and Sanctuary in all of its spring glory
As a professional working artist for 49 years I am naturally focusing on legacy.
I believe each artwork I create is destined for a certain person.
I want make that connection.
Come and treat yourself to a place of rest and relaxation where you can find that special artwork to enliven your environment or reward yourself for all the hard work you do every day. How special it would be to mark a milestone in your life, or celebrate birthdays and holidays because nothing is as unique as original art when ordinary gifts won’t do.
As in any season, it will be lovely here at Sunwise Farm and Sanctuary where you might want to:
- stroll on the trails
- learn about the Turtle Tree Biodynamic Seed Initiative, and their seeds we are now using. The gardens will be young with sprouting plants. This is where I gather the botanicals that you see in my collages.
- sit on the porch with refreshments, listen to bird song. It’s a giant aviary here. See birds that appear in my paintings: robins, bluebirds, wrens and more you might identify.
We are looking forward to this event and to seeing you. Let me know if there is an artwork you’ve been longing for, we’ll figure out how we can put it in your hands. Here’s a chance to do just that – it’s thrilling!
Please join us for the season’s first glimpse of new collages and bead jewelry. Open Studio events in the Winter, Spring, and Summer are our most deluxe Saturday afternoon delights. Please contact us to tell us you are coming.
After your studio visit, we invite you to tour the gardens of Sunwise Farm & Sanctuary and to stroll the trails that offer direct connections to the lush natural surroundings. We also want to share information about how to become a ‘waystation’ for Monarch Butterflies on their annual migration from Mexico to the U.S. These beautiful pollinators are essential to the success of everyone’s future food crops, yet these elegant creatures are also endangered. Your involvement can diminish that threat.
About our Studio: One visitor to our Studio, designed and built by us, said, “The first thing I noticed was how tranquil a space Kathleen has created as her ‘shrine’ for artistic contemplation. One can truly listen to the heart in such a wide-open studio, and I appreciate her willingness to share it for a few hours. For me, the sense of place at Sunwise Farm is inextricably linked to Kathleen’s mixed media collage work.”
Make Sunwise Farm & Sanctuary part of your Autumn Annual Open Studios ARTTOUR circuit, as you visit other fine studios in the neighborhood.